Amsted Rail has an immediate opening for an Operations Manager at the Hammond, IN location.
This position is responsible for leading all aspects of the manufacturing operations for the Hammond location. This includes managing the day-to-day operati
Primary Job Function:
This position is responsible for leading all aspects of the manufacturing operations for the Hammond location. This includes managing the day-to-day operations to support overall strategic initiatives related to the people, product and processes. First line production supervisors on both shifts will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Ensures operational efficiencies are achieved on a daily basis along with identifying new areas for improvement to support Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Identify key areas of cost reduction.
- Lead & support employee involvement teams along with executing innovation ideas with plant-wide focused teams.
- Execute on various 5S, SMED & waste reduction projects throughout the plant.
Manage the daily issues associated with all levels of company to ensure accountability while maintaining excellent working relationship.
Work with the Materials Manager to ensure material is readily available and the appropriate resources are set forth to support the production schedule.
Collaborate with Engineering and Quality to ensure manufacturing processes are being followed to our quality standards and documented appropriately.
Assist in the execution of all capital projects by ensuring engineering, maintenance and production are all working together.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferably with five or more years of hands on experience in a similar manufacturing position and/or discipline.
- Strong knowledge of Lean Principles such as OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), 5S, SMED, Value Stream Mapping & Muda (waste) reduction.
- Strong presentation skills with experience in executing plans working through all levels of the company.
- Must be innovative, creative and willing to find a solution.
- Must have strong team building skills.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.